Privacy and Data Protection
Health Skills Training is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Health Skills Training may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 09/05/2014.
Personally Identifiable Information
The reason we collect personal information is to allow us to provide members with the best and most useful content and services.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer purchases, qualifications and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Certification purposes
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- You will receive a weekly video update for the course you have taken, for which you can opt out at any time through your own student login
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to notify you of new courses, or to alert you when your training is due for renewal
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies are used by many web sites to improve overall data reporting as well as to provide better and more personalised web services. Cookies are contained within your web browser and are triggered when you enter a web site. As a registered member cookie information may be used to automatically log you in to our website when revisiting, and provide us with a date of last entry. Overall, cookies must be enabled on your PC as the technology we use to log member sessions on our site is reliant on those privacy settings. The cookie entered onto your PC when visiting Health Skills Training is only able to be accessed by our site, and we cannot read any other cookies from other sites on your machine. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Web Bugs & Servers
We may use technologies, including electronic images known as web bugs – sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or beacons – that allow us to track general user traffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our site, and information about pages you visited.
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertisers’ or partners’ sites
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on website and advertisement usage
- Determining which features our overall user population likes best
- Saving your password so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit our sites
- Display the most appropriate advertising based on your interests
- To fulfil your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in polls, contests and forums.
Third-Party Advertisement Servers
We occasionally run banner ad campaigns or track links from third party advertisers, such as Double-Click and Trade Doubler. Some of our advertisers use third-party companies to serve their advertisements on our sites and, in some cases, in our HTML-formatted newsletters. In both cases, these third-party advertising companies employ cookie and web bug technologies to measure advertisement effectiveness. We do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Unless you visit the website of these companies and provide them with personally identifiable information about yourself, these tracking technologies tell those advertisers nothing about who you are. Our advertisers’ use of tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies. If in doubt about any of this please do not hesitate to contact us with regard to a particular campaign, and we will endeavour to answer any questions you have.
We do not make any personally identifiable information available to other companies or individuals. We do aggregate information to demonstrate overall trends and preferences of the member base with advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
Users have to opt-in to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the update my profile page or by following the instructions at the end of the email they received from us.
A certain level of personal information is required when registering with our site and opting not to provide this information will mean that you will not be able to utilise certain areas of our products or services.
As a registered member you can update your personally identifiable details in “Update my Profile”. Members can change their information at any time and as often as necessary. This is especially important if you change your email address. Where this facility does not currently exist please email notice of any changes to email@example.com identifying your registered email address and the specific site you have registered with along with changes you require to your account.
Questions regarding this privacy statement, or should be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact via phone: 0161 7434626 or Write to us: Health Skills Training Ltd, 51 Frederick Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M6 6FP.